Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday Prophecy Post. Then shall they deliver you up...........


M't:24:9: Then shall (they ) those who hate the Name deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

It costs something to be called by the Name, for some of us it may only be an occasional inconvenience. For others, unjust lawsuits and the taking of our personal liberties.
For others , It is torture, unspeakable brutality and the giving of their life.

Christians are being persecuted, tortured and martyred for naming the Name of Jesus Christ every day in this world.

And they have been since the Church was born in the book of Acts.

Ac:11:26: And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.


Christian
Main Entry: 1Chris·tian
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin christianus, adjective & noun, from Greek christianos, from Christos
Date: 1526
1 a : one who professes belief in the teachings of Jesus Christ



Main Entry: 2Christian
Function: adjective
Date: 1547
1 a : of or relating to Christianity b : based on or conforming with Christianity
2 a : of, relating to, or being a Christian b : professing Christianity
3 : commendably decent or generous


My Husband and I pray daily for the persecuted church, it is their number one request.


We have been involved with Voice of the Martyrs….Who have been serving the persecuted church since 1967.

http://www.persecution.com/


World Watch List 2010:

This year North Korea has topped the list again.
"There is no other country in the world where Christians are being persecuted in such a horrible and systematic manner," says Carl Moeller, President/CEO of Open Doors USA.

One expert on North Korea stated: "Christians are the target of fierce government action, and once caught, are not regarded as human. Last year we had evidence that some [of those captured] were used as guinea pigs to test chemical and biological weapons."


Top Ten Persecuted Contries
1. North Korea
2. Iran
3. Saudi Arabia
4. Somalia
5. Maldives
6. Afghanistan
7. Yemen
8. Mauritania
9. Laos
10.Uzbekistan
( Information provided by Open Doors USA)

The following groups are actively serving the persecuted Church. .
Christian Freedom International
Christian Solidarity Worldwide
Christians in Crisis
Compassion Radio
Fishhook International
Gospel for Asia
Greater Calling
International Christian Concern
Iranian Christians International
Jubilee Campaign
Mission India
Open Doors
Persecution Project Foundation
The Voice of the Martyrs
World Bible Translation Center
World Evangelical Alliance
The Last Harvest



We have enjoyed so many freedoms and liberties as Christians in this country. A time may be coming when that will not be so. I pray God gives each of us a burden to at the very least pray for our brothers and sisters that are daily laying down everything to Name the Name of Jesus.


The Apostle Paul speaking to Timothy prior to his Martyrdom ........

2Tm:4:5-8: But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
2Tm:4:6: For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
2Tm:4:7: I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
2Tm:4:8: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.


Maranatha Lord Jesus!
Love in Christ, Ella

12 comments:

Rose said...

Ella, it is so easy for us to claim the Name, because we haven't really been tested. I wonder about myself and everyone I know....if we were threatened with death would we still say yes to God. In my mind I am sure that I would be defiant to anyone who said I should reject him....but in my heart of hearts I sometimes wonder would I have the courage to stand when faced with certain death. I know many who say well Rose you need to work on your faith. Perhaps I am being more truthful to my own inner fears at times, than they are. I do work on my faith daily. Very thought provoking post Ella and YES we do need to pray for those who are really being tested, not just called names, but murdered for their faith. I pray for them and for us that when the time comes,we too will stand firm!

Ella said...

God Bless you Rose for your Honest and Transparent examination. I have the very same heart-wrenching thoughts at times.

I believe Jesus will give us the grace at that time , if it is required of us to lay -down our life.

But we should be examining ourselves as God’s Word instructs. And pray to stand.

Eph:6:13: Wherefore take unto you the whole amour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

In Him, Ella

Andrea said...

Great post. Really makes us evaluate ourselves.
Blessings, andrea

Ella said...

Thanks Andrea ~~
Another signpost along the road to the second coming of Jesus.
Praying daily for those on the front lines....being martyred for Naming the beautiful Name that is above every name.....Jesus.

Blessings, GG

Anonymous said...

Eye opening!

Surprised By Joy! said...

Ella,
Thanks for your comment today on my post....I love the story of the woman who washed His feet. One of my favorites.
I have tasted persecution as I began to follow Jesus more passionately. The Lord revealed that I make others uncomfortable alot like the woman with who washed His feet. What shocked me the most was the persecution by the church. I definitely grew through the experience.

I know what He is asking me to do next will cost me something. I am praying to be ready.

By the way, I started a new blog..
A new adventure of sorts. Would love if you would stop by. I always appreciate your comments. :)

Blessings,
Tammy

Just Be Real said...

Ella, you did your homework. Lot of info. Can do some reflection on this one. Thank you for sharing dear one and your continued support of me. Blessings and much much hugs!!
GOD WHISPERS IN THE WIND

Ella said...

Hi Shirl~~
A sobering sign-post....Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings, Ella

Ella said...

Tammy ~~
This gesture was showen to Jesus twice, by two different women.
(They both had an Alabster Box) another whole discussion.

The account in Luke is the one I shared on your blog, this woman was a sinner and recognized Jesus as Lord, came and fell at his feet , at his feet in repentence....He forgave her ....and made this statement...She was forgiven much, therefore she loved much.
I can relate......
Hence the name of my blog....

Covering you in prayer as you go forward with all God has for you to do....We skirmish with the enemy everytime we move forward in God. Greater is Jesus in you!

Will be visiting your new blog soon.

Blessings, Ella

Ella said...

JBR ~~
Your probably too young to remember this old song.....I just feel like something good id about to happen. I feel that when I read some of your recent posts. Coming out from under .......
Hugs, Ella

Anonymous said...

Ella ,your posts are always so thought-provoking. I have often thought the same as Rose..... wondering what my own response would be if faced with the things that our persecuted brothers and sisters are faced with. I am praying them.

Ella said...

Hi Kristi~~
Aneb Kristi , given the times we are in .....I think it is good for us to examine our hearts. I pray too for our brothers and sisters around this world daily martyred for their faith. Their beautiul words.... they speak of their love for our saviour...gently praising His sweet Name and they are being tortured....... God help us.

Blessings, Ella