Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Starkness of Winter




New England has such a distinctive mark in each season.
I was driving yesterday through a town I am familiar with , and noticed that all the trees were stark and stripped of their leaves. It was windy , cold , and raining rather heavily .

“Oh I wish it would snow and cover -up all this ugliness”!
I did not like the feeling of the rawness and starkness of the day, cover it up, hide it from my face, paint it pretty with snow…..

As I continued traveling along a stretch of road I had been down several times before, I noticed a large lake . I had never seen it before. It was beautiful. I would not ever had seen it , had it been another season. But, in the starkness of winter, the lake was revealed.
The approaching winter had removed the leaves from the trees.

The Spirit of the Lord began to speak to my heart that within every season there is beauty .
Within each of us that is pressing toward the mark of the Most High calling in Christ Jesus , there is the beauty of God waiting to be manifested in us.

Often times, it takes the cold, stark purging of our flesh to see the Beauty of the Holiness demonstrated in our life.
The cleansing of our flesh and spirit from the filthiness of this world.
Sometimes beauty is not “manifested” until things are stripped and made bare and it is exposed to the elements.

When we go through experiences of difficulty, and tribulation, often times, the Holy Spirit is purging and refining us , just as the winter winds strip the leaves from the trees revealing the beauty of the season.

In every experiences of adversity , affliction, trial, tribulation. Because in them I have learned to trust Him and He plucks another leaf off .
 
 
2Co:7:1: Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
Heb:12:1: Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.



Hugs & Prayers, GG

8 comments:

Christine said...

I love this lesson from the LORD, through His marvellous creation!
Thanks so much for sharing!
Blessings
Christine

Ella said...

Christine,
Thank you. I am always amazed by how Jesus teaches me. He always speaks to me through the Word.

Bit so very often, it is in my daily life moments. The hugs of my husband, gardening, playing with the Grandchildren, caring for my home. What an awesome God we serve.

Blessings, Ella

NanaNor's said...

Dearest Ella, Such a profound post-thank you doesn't say it enough. So many have scars around their hearts that need to be surgically removed(I sure do)by the Spirit of the Lord. It is not pretty what is purged but draws us closer to Him. Blessings to you dear friend-keep sharing the truth!
Hugs and love, Noreen

Rose said...

Ella,
Oh you know how much I love the lessons we draw from life. How true it is that we need to strip away some things before the real beauty is revealed.

Blessings and hugs,
Rose

Ella said...

Noreen~~
Thank the Lord for His precise pruning, he knows exactly where to cut and where to trim. He is the master apothecary, the great physican knowing just what to mix together for our good and His glory....
Hugs & Prayers, Ella

Ella said...

Rose ~~
There is a song by Passion Worship Band ....that says: one thing I ask , I would seek to see your beauty , to find you in the place your glory dwells. Better is one day with you Lord!
I think if I can find it on YouTube I will put it up as a post. It is such a powerful worship song!
Hugs & Blessings, Ella

Just Be Real said...

Great touching and thought provoking post GG! Also there have been so many winter pictures on different blogs, love seeing them! Blessings and hugs.

Ella said...

Jbr~~
Good to see you dear. Winter is definately upon us here in Central New England! It is dropping to the single digits tonight. Brrrrrrr .
Blessings, GG