
Yes, I can finally enjoy all the Blessings of Thanksgiving Day without the stress of the preparation of it all ............
The torch has been passed.
Darling daughter has become the new Thanksgiving hostess for the family and whew....... I am very happy.
Thank you Sweetie for stepping up and assuming your rightful place in the family as the next generation of Thanksgiving hostess' .
Of course I will be there to lend my expertise and skills, but she has actually been training all these years right along by my side, with my mother and then myself.
Just as her girls are learning all the family recipes , how to make my Grandmother's famous Thanksgiving Stuffing. How to clean and prep the Turkey, how to roll out the pie. All the family traditions and how to fill the house with love.
Just as she has been trained up all these years in the things of Christ , training up our children/grand-children in the way that they should go.
Proverb:22:6: Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
This generation is facing battles we only read about! God is Faithful. Praying the protection and provision of God over our kids and grands and beyond. That they be fully equipped not lacking in any good thing. Speaking the word and pleading the Blood of Jesus over them.
1Co:1:4: I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;
1Co:1:5: That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;
1Co:1:6: Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you:
1Co:1:7: So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:
1Co:1:8: Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1Co:1:9: God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
Hugs & Prayers, GG

12 comments:
I can't imagine a greater blessing than being able to pass that torch. What an honor as a matriarch to know that your child is stepping up to carry on the traditions of the family and of the faith.
I rejoice with you my friend!
What a wonderful time in your life, and hers! You are rising up, being called BLESSED!!! I pray this season will bring you great joy!
Grammy, how wonderful to see a new generation picking up and taking the lead. Amazingly one day she will wake up and go ..."Oh my I am the matriarch". Talk about a shock. But she will be fine with such a loving mom by her side guiding and encouraging her. How blessed you are to be able to see this take place!
I usually go to my brother's house for Thanksgiving. But this year we'll be going to the in laws house. My MIL is getting weak and I feel the need to help out. I will be cooking in her kitchen. I might need some prayers ;o)
Thanks so much for visiting and signing up to my blog. Your comments were so kind and very much appreciated!
Blessings to you and your family.
Christine
How wonderful that you have your daughter to pass the tradition on to, GG.
May your blessings continue to be abundant!
Deb,
She is such a great young woman. I am thankful to the Lord for the commitments I see her making in her life especially to encourage our grand-children in the way of the Lord.
Hugs, GG
Mandy....
It is such an interesting time when we see our children actually living out daily the principles we raised them with as young children and passing those values on to their children.
Hugs, GG
Rose,
I remember moving into that role and being in a state of panic....lol. God is Faithful!
Hugs, GG
Julie,
Thanks for stopping by.....Wishing you blessings this Thanksgiving as you help your MIL in "her" kitchen. Praying it is a refreshing time for both of you :-)
Blessings, GG
Christine,
Thanks for visiting, I came across your blog yesterday and just love it...... I love prim/country crafting and decor. I think it brings a sense of simplicity and warmth to a home!
Blessings, GG
(((((Farmer J ))))).....
Certainly seems like a new season and a different role. God is so very good to us. I see exciting things are happening at the farm... Especially your big building project. I have been having problems posting...But I have been dropping by.
Hugs and Prayers, GG
Post a Comment