
Only a fat-free , healthier version lol .
Does anyone have a tried and true recipe
that they would like to share ?
Blessings, Ella
Here is one I found on Cooks.com
I am going to give it a try next week and let you
know how it comes out !
FAT FREE BANANA BREAD
Ingredients :
Ingredients :
2/3 c. honey
4 egg whites
2/3 c. mashed banana
1/4 c. non fat yogurt
1/3 c. non fat milk
2 1/4 c. whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c. each nuts & raisins (opt.)
Whisk first 8 ingredients in a large bowl. Add other ingredients all at once and blend. Do not over mix. Bake in 9"x13" non stick pan or 2 bread tins. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.

8 comments:
Yummy...
Blessings,
andrea
I think I use the one in the recipe book that came with my Kitchen Aid mixer.
I looked up my recipe, and I've noted that I use more bananas than the Kitchen Aid recipe calls for, plus I use butter instead of shortening and I add 1/2 tsp vanilla extract to my batter.
There is some discussion about banana bread on the Kitchen Aid forum: http://forum.kitchenaid.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24538
I don't need it but I sure would love to have it....lol. YUM!
Thanks Ladies ~ If I come across a low-fat /Healtier version. I'll post it .
Hugs, Ella
I am finally getting around to seeing this Ella. I have one that I use that's a whole-wheat with honey and applesauce (instead of oil) recipe. And like Shirl, it calls for more banana than most recipes.
I'm anxious now to see the recipe you found.
Ladies....I posted one from Cooks.com. I really don't know how it will taste but I am going to try it next week and let ya all know.
Hugs, Ella
Hmmm, I've never tried a banana bread recipe with whole wheat flour. I'm going to have to give it a try.
Thanks for sharing this, Ella ~ and please do let us know the verdict once you've tried it!
Post a Comment