Have you experienced the waxing cold of your love toward someone or something?
Sin, wickedness and evil directed at us or someone we love can cause an offense and cause our love to go cold if we are not careful.
If this has happened or is happening to you , bring it to Jesus.
1Jo:1:9: If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Iniquity
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural in·iq·ui·ties
Etymology: Middle English iniquite, from Anglo-French iniquité, from Latin iniquitat-, iniquitas, from iniquus uneven, from in- + aequus equal
Date: 14th century
1 : gross injustice :
Lexicon Results LOVE
Strong's G26 - agapē
Transliteration
agapē
Pronunciation
ä-gä'-pā (Key)
Outline of Biblical Usage
1) affection, good will, love, benevolence, brotherly love
2) love feasts
Authorized Version (KJV) Translation Count — Total: 116
AV — love 86, charity 27, dear 1, charitably+2596 1, feast of charity 1
Correlated Passages Using KJV The Love
Rev 2:4 Nevertheless I have [somewhat] against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
Rev 2:5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.
Rev 2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast [some] of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.
Rev 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
Love is : 1st Corinthians 1 : 1-13 ( NIV )
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.
When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.
Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Joh:13:35: By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
Love in Christ, Ella

13 comments:
AMEN...blessings and prayers, andrea
Thanks for the post Ella.
It is so easy in these end
times to get our eyes of
Him, and on things around
us. Then our love grows
cold.
God bless you.
Hi Andrea ~~
Thanks for stopping by and I appreciated your prayers always!
Have a awesome weekend!
Blessings, Ella
Hi Andrea ~~
Thanks for stopping by and I appreciated your prayers always!
Have a awesome weekend!
Blessings, Ella
Manthano ~~
It is more easy than ever for a root of bitterness to grow up in us. I praise God for Jesus...my Lord, who is always there when I call to Him. If we confess our sins , he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness !
Blessings, Ella
love the definition of "love" - agape - have you been to my blog today?
Beth ~~
Hi, No I have not had a chance to stop at your blog....I'll head there now! With my coffee....Off I go trying to steadly get across the freshly cleaned carpeting ;-)
Wow, Ella--I did not realize that "left your first love" meant that we have stopped walking in agape love....I always thought it meant that we have left our love for God. This changes things some, and really shows me that my responsibility is not ONLY to God, but to His people. Thanks for sharing this.
Beth ~~ How incredible is precious Holy Spirit.!!!
Hugs, Ella
Kristi ~~
The more I get into God's Word. The more I am amazed at what it really, truly means. When God clarifies for us by the Holy Spirit and breaks it down for us it is so much more than what we thought we knew .....well for me anyway!
Hugs, Ella
Ella,one more reminder of the dire consequences of taking our eyes off God, but also how is willing to forgive if we return to HIM. Thanks for the post!
Rose ~~
Praising God for His faithfulness!
Hugs, Ella
Post a Comment