Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday Prohecy Post ...... Where is the promise of his coming?


2Pe:3:3: Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
2Pe:3:4: And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.



Brothers and Sisters............It is just not popular anymore to speak of endtime events. It is rarely taught from the pulpits of America and is considered " Gloom & Doom" preaching.

When did the Blessed Hope turn into " Gloom & Doom " preaching?????

It saddens my heart that this is happening, but it is happening . Even within my family and amidst those who even once taught me prophecy......

It is just too negative, not a positive message.......

I just do not get that at all ???????

Since when is the Glorious Return of our Great God and Saviour Jesus Christ not a positive message.

The events leading up to His Return should thrill our souls and call us to attention !!!!!!!!!!!!
We should be delighted in anticipation of the return of Christ!

No matter where you personally stand on the timeline.....pre, mid, post.......Who can deny the clarity or the rapidity of the events that are being fulfilled at breakneck speed.


Jesus said this : Lu:21:28: And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
I am going to continue to talk about endtime events and prophecy related headlines.....Because to me.............. It is awesome to consider that the return of the Lord is near!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love in Christ, Ella

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think it is gloom and doom. I am watching IHOP revival and it is exciting to see the young kids getting on fire for God and praying for an end time revival.

Blessings,
Tammy

Parsley said...

I pray He comes soon!

Anonymous said...

I hear you and well understand how many have turned from the truth to ear-tickling sermonettes.
Doom and Gloom??? Oh it's our blessed hope and what we base our 'faith' upon.
Things ARE moving a such a fast pace. My husband's fond of telling everyone 'look up - your redemption draweth nigh!'
Can't wait for you to share more of your exciting prophecy related posts!
Lookin up here (and telling others to do the same - no matter how 'doomish' that sounds),
Deb

Anonymous said...

Tts 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Amen!!

manthano said...

Amen to this post.
Perhaps the Church is too
much in love with this world
to want the next one.
God bless you sister.

Ella said...

Tammy ~~
It is sooooo exciting to see the young people on fire for God and having complete freedom to worship Him. God is Faithful and that is exactly what it will take.
Hugs, Ella

Ella said...

Parsley ~~
It is the cry of the church and creation.........Re:22:20: He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Blessings, Ella

Ella said...

Deb ~~
Exciting times we are living in ....
Hugs, Ella

Ella said...

Amen Sherri !

Ella said...

Manthano ~~
That just could be .....John and I see so many yet believers just facinated with prophectic teaching. It is the church folk who have already "picked" their particular flavor of prophecy, that are encrusted in their understanding, not willing to have an ear to what the spirit is saying to the CHURCH.......
Blessings, Ella

Rose said...

Ella, you are so right. I hear others say, "OH, I don't want to think about that." My goodness why not? It's all I think about, well not ALL, but you know what I mean. I can't imagine being a Christian and not longing for his return.

Ella said...

I hear you Rose .
Blessings, Ella