
Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce
2 pounds asparagus spears, about 1/2 to 3/4-inch thick
boiling water
1/2 teaspoon salt
Hollandaise sauce .
Break off tough ends of stalks then use a vegetable peeler to peel tough skin from lower part of stalks and remove scales. Rinse well. Place stalks in a deep large skillet. Add 1 inch boiling water to skillet and add the salt. Bring to a boil and boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes. cover, simmer 7 minutes longer. With tongs, remove asparagus to a heated serving dish.
Serve with Hollandaise sauce .
Hollandaise
1/2 cup butter
3 large eggs yolks
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons hot water
finely chopped fresh parsley or chives and paprika , if desired
1/2 cup butter
3 large eggs yolks
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons hot water
finely chopped fresh parsley or chives and paprika , if desired
Heat butter in a heavy saucepan until hot and foamy, but not browned. In a small bowl, whisk or beat egg yolks with lemon juice.. Gradually beat in butter, then water. Return mixture to saucepan and beat over very low heat until mixture is slightly thickened. Serve immediately or let stand over warm water for up to 30 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley/chives and paprika before serving. Makes about 2/3 cup of hollandaise sauce.
Enjoy ~~ Ella

6 comments:
Yummy!
Yummy and calorie packed too!
Yikes.
Blessings Ella, You so inspire me-you are such a Prov.31 woman and I count it joy to know you. I love Asparagus but due to my health am giving up all processed foods as well as sauces. It looks great so can I come hang out with you!
Hugs, Noreen
Noreen ~~ Awww. Thank you sweetie!
So much of what I post now I can only eat in moderation and usually once a year for a special occassion.
I hope your having a wonderful trip dear!
Hugs, Ella
That sauce sounds delicious, Ella. We have fresh asparagus growing in the garden ~ now I can't wait for it to be ready to pick!
Oh Farmer J ~~ I would love to have an Asparagus Bed. My dear friend Sharon has one that she planted the year she got married 38 years ago. It is nice to have a friend who shares her veggies
;-)
Hugs, Ella
Post a Comment