Wednesday, September 2, 2009

First Day of School...................

Well, it was a busy morning as the girls went back to school today. 2nd and 4th grade respectively. They looked totally beautiful in their "special" back to school outfits, their lunchbags and backpacks. Even Baby Brother was looking pretty spiffy this morning, his baby curls all slicked down like a big boy. They even put a little back pack on him ..........too cute.

Of course I took tons of new pictures of them this morning out on the steps . So I have plenty of new screen savers. It was a long , lonely and quiet day without the girls in the house. Baby brother missed his big sisters. They are his constant companions and he never tires of them.

But ..............at 2:24 pm. GG, Mom and Baby brother went and picked them up from school and everyone was smiling again. We celebrated the 1st day of school with Pizza for dinner and watermelon cups for dessert. We all heard about their new teachers and what everyone was wearing.

I can't wait for the weekend already and it is only the first day of school..........

Hugs & Prayers, GG

6 comments:

Karyn said...

Wow, they are growing up fast GG....sending hugs and prayers to you, dear friend.

Anonymous said...

Awwww.... School days.
My grandchildren aren't there yet, but I can still remember our son's school days.

Anonymous said...

How sweet. :)

Anonymous said...

Five of my kids go back next Tuesday. It has been a busy week here getting registration done and walking the kids through the schools so they can see their classrooms. They are excited.
I hope your girls have a wonderful school year!

Ella said...

I do miss them ladies, Thank the Lord it is Friday! And a long-weekend!
Busy week for you coming up Jamey
Hugs & Prayers, GG

Rose said...

Isn't is funny how we can't wait to get them out the door to school and then miss them terribly till they come home. Thanks for sharing this special day in the lives of your grand kids!