Friday, November 14, 2008

My Grams Thanksgiving Turkey Platter




My Grandmother's Thanksgiving Turkey Platters is one of my most treasured items. There are so few things left that I have that were hers.


This is one that I really love. It has taken its bumps and bruises over the years.

Last year when we moved it broke, into several pieces. I have been able to repair it but their is a piece missing in the lower right hand corner. It is noticeable .


But I will still display this wonderful "piece" I have left of my Gram, I will put something over the missing portion and it will be on my buffet this year instead of the table.


With all of it's prestige and honor for all of the lovely , warm , beautiful Thanksgiving memories I have when I look at it.


Blessings, GG

1 comment:

Laurie and Bill said...

What a lovely piece! I treasure the things (few that they are) that I have from my grandmother. She was a very dear person and a little grin appears on my face whenever I think of her.